Mercer County Surgery Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mercer County Surgery Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Mercer County Surgery Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Mercer County Surgery Center expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Mercer County Surgery Center' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
MCSC has been serving the Mercer County, New Jersey and Bucks County, Pennsylvania areas for over 20 years, and has the following opportunities currently available.
Certified Scrub Tech
IMMEDIATE OPENING: Full-time and Per-Diem positions exist at Mercer County Surgery Center (MCSC), a physician-owned progressive ambulatory surgery center located in Lawrenceville, NJ. Our primary mission is to provide compassionate, high quality surgical care to our patients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform as a scrub tech during surgical procedures by donning sterile gown and gloves, setting up, and handing sterile supplies and instruments to the surgeon and/or assisting members of the physician team
- Works directly with and under the guidance of the surgeon and RN circulator in assuring patient safety, proper care and handling of instruments and supplies, and the maintenance of aseptic technique
- This position requires providing service to age populations in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional and developmental age of the individual served.
- High School or GED equivalent required
- Technical school diploma from accredited program required
- Surgical Technologist Certification is required.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 1 year experience in a hospital or surgery center; GI and orthopedic experience is required.
MCSC offers competitive compensation and benefits for the right candidate. Email resume with salary requirements for consideration.
Per-Diem Perioperative RN
Immediate per diem positions exist at Mercer County Surgery Center, a progressive Ambulatory Surgery Center located in Lawrenceville, NJ for Registered Nurse with OR, preoperative, and PACU experience.
Provides individualized and specialized nursing care to patients in the Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) in accordance with physicians’ orders, recognized nursing techniques, legal aspects of current nurse practice with the State and the ASC policies and procedures. Functions cooperatively with physicians and staff exhibiting teamwork characteristics. Demonstrates initiative, insight and judgment in the decision-making process.
Perioperative Nurses provide direct and individualized nursing care to patients based on application of scientific nursing principles. In addition to general nursing care, responsibilities of perioperative nurses include (but not limited to):
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Conducts pre- and post-operative education.
- Serves as the communication liaison to family and members of the operating team.
- Takes and monitors patient’s vital signs.
- Ensures that operating on correct patient and the correct procedure is being performed.
- Provides basic bedside care.
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed registered nurse.
- Responds to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocol.
- Records all care information concisely, accurately, and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms.
- Prepares operating room for patient/procedure.
- Initiates corrective action whenever information from monitoring equipment shows adverse symptomatology.
- Monitors patients’ physical and emotional well-being throughout the care continuum.
- Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by physician. Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their post-treatment home care needs, self-administration of medication and rehabilitation.
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting.
During surgical procedures, perioperative nurses can take the role of:
- Circulating Nurse, with the following additional duties:
- Assists in positioning, responding to comfort/safety of patient.
- Provides for accurate care and handling of specimens.
- Observes and enforces strict standards of asepsis.
- Observes, checks, and monitors all equipment used during surgery to confirm they are running smoothly.
- Handles patient documentation.
- Inventories all items both pre- and post-surgery.
- Scrub Nurse, with the following additional duties:
- Selects and handles instruments and supplies used for the operation, passing them to surgeon
- Inventories all items both pre- and post –surgery.
- Completes required orientation as directed by facility.
- Follows facility and OSHA safety rules and procedures while on assignment.
- Respects cultural and religious practices of patients.
- Upholds HIPAA regulations and completes recertification as necessary.
- Punctual and dependable for assigned/confirmed shifts.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- Current nursing license, in good standing with the State of New Jersey licensing board, to practice as Registered Nurse.
- Minimum 2 years experience in operating room required; preoperative and PACU experience preferred. Experience in an
Ambulatory Surgery Center preferred.
- Membership in specialty or other local, state, or national professional societies, such as AORN are encouraged.
- Maintains Basic Cardiac Life Support certification
- ACLS certification and re-certification is required.
- Cognitive skills as related to the position.
Work involves prolonged periods of standing, sitting, lifting, bending, reaching and the ability to push or pull items weighing fifty (50) pounds or less. Position also requires fine motor skills and visual acuity.
The Center is open Monday through Friday and provides preoperative beds, operating/procedure rooms, and post-procedure beds. In the working environment of the Center, there may be potential exposure to communicable diseases, contaminated blood and body fluids, and hazardous materials.
The above statements reflect the general outline considered necessary to describe the principle functions of this job. It shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements of the job.
Certified Central Sterile Supply Technician
Immediate per-diem positions exist at Mercer County Surgery Center, a progressive Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) located in Lawrenceville, New Jersey for a certified Central Sterile Supply (CSS) Technician.
Responsible for cleaning, decontaminating, sterilizing, and distributing medical and surgical instrumentation for use in patient care by the surgical team in the Operating Rooms, procedure rooms and at the bedside where the invasive procedure is performed.
- Prepares, inspects and assembles surgical instruments, powered surgical equipment, and endoscopes into instrument trays or packages of individual items for sterilization.
- Collects, cleans, disinfects patient care equipment and surgical instruments collected from the O.R. and other areas performing invasive procedures.
- Delivers patient care equipment, takes inventory of specialty carts and replenishes supplies for the Operating Room.
- Prepares and distributes clean and sterile equipment and supplies.
- Operates, monitors and documents biological and mechanical results of decontamination and sterilization equipment.
- Minimum high school diploma
- Must be certified through a national sterile processing program
- One to three years of experience.
COVID-19 Testing Coordinator
Immediate per-diem position exists at Mercer County Surgery Center in Lawrence Township, New Jersey, a progressive, physician-owned ambulatory surgery center that has been rated number one ASC in New Jersey by the Newsweek magazine, for a COVID-19 Testing Coordinator.
Responsible for tracking all patients scheduled for procedures at MCSC, facilitating COVID-19 test screening, following up on results, and tracking data related to COVID-19 testing program at MCSC as it relates to compliance with NJ DOH requirements.
- Supports the center’s mission, goals, and objectives of patient safety and regulatory compliance
- Will assure compliance with NJ DOH requirements pertaining to pre-procedure COVID19 screening
- Will demonstrate clear and professional communication with all MCSC patients and clinicians
- Communicates effectively and professionally
- Interacts with others in a positive, respectful and considerate manner
- Promotes effective communication among the center’s clinical practitioners, patients and testing representatives
- Provides concise clinical data summary as requested to report compliance with mandated pre-procedure COVID-19 screening
- Summarizes and communicates weekly statistics to be reported to Clinical Director and VP of Clinical Operations
- Coordinates pre-procedure COVID-19 testing process
- Identifies appropriate testing time frame to comply with NJ DOH requirement
- Contacts patients to identify preferred testing center
- Schedules patient appointment for COVID-19 screening
- Provides patient with complete instructions related to testing process specific to testing center where appointment is scheduled
- Tracks all COVID-19 screening test results and scans into EMR
- Tracks and reports data pertaining to compliance with NJ DOH guidelines for pre-procedure COVID-19 testing, and reports as needed to Center director
- Serves as liaison between patients, providers, and testing centers to support COVID-19 screening process.
- Minimum high school diploma required, some college preferred
- Experience in medical field preferred
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Proficient in using MS Office applications, especially Excel and Outlook
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a cross-functional team
- Must prioritize as needed and observe deadlines
- Possibility to work in a remote setting where there is reliable internet and phone connections.