This prestigious ranking is based on a reputation score which includes recommendations, quality of care and the COVID-19 response and the KPI data score which is all inclusive of the overall quality measures set forth by the surgery center in relation to other surgical centers in the state.
Mercer County Surgery Center in Lawrenceville, NJ is a freestanding, outpatient ambulatory surgical center dedicated to a broad range of surgical procedures. Our highly skilled physicians specialize in gastroenterology, pain management, orthopaedic, spine and podiatric procedures and services. We believe in compassionate medicine, where our focus is on each individual patient.
Our surgical center is certified by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC)-the leader in developing patient care guidelines. This accreditation was achieved by our physicians and staff members providing the highest quality of care to the community based on nationally recognized standards of care as determined by an independent, external process of evaluation.
Mercer County Surgery Center continues to perform ALL elective procedural and surgical cases. Per the announcement of Governor Murphy, we will open up to ALL elective procedural and surgical cases starting May 26, 2020.
We at Mercer Bucks Orthopaedics and Mercer County Surgery Center are continuing to monitor the ongoing COVID-19 health crisis impacting the United States. As we continue to increase preparedness, we want everyone to understand your health and wellness is most important and want to summarize some additional steps we, as an organization, are moving towards in response to the COVID-19 crisis.
Safety Precautions Matter
Our center has always adhered to both state and federal infection control requirements, but they become even more important during a world wide pandemic.
Because your safety is always our main concern, we have implemented additional infection prevention measures to provide you, as well as our physicians and staff, with a safe clinical environment for your procedure.
- Telephone screenings of all our patients prior to their appointment.
- Additional questionnaire screenings upon arrival of the patient and anyone accompanying the patient to our center.
- All patients and visitors will get a temperature and blood oxygen level reading at check-in.
- Limiting visitors to one person per patient while recommending that the visitors remain outside the center until the patient is ready to leave.
- Appointments will be staggered to limit the number of people in our waiting area at one time.
- All who enter the building MUST wear a mask and have their temperature taken and recorded including all patients, visitors, healthcare providers, staff, sales representative and maintenance providers.
- Enhanced PPE for all healthcare providers as recommended by the AAOS, CDC, ASGE.
- An increased frequency of disinfection rounds to clean all common, frequently touch surface areas.
- The staff will also be practicing social distancing when possible.
- There are hand sanitizers and tissues in all patient care areas.
Lastly, the health of ALL people is of the utmost importance and we are taking these steps to help prevent any spreading of this virus. Thank you for your understanding. Please contact our office should you have any questions.
Chief Executive Officer
Mercer County Surgery Center Achieves AAAHC Accreditation!
Mercer County Surgery Center has achieved accreditation by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). Accreditation distinguishes this surgical center from many other outpatient centers by providing the highest quality of care to its patients as determined by an independent, external process of evaluation.
Status as an accredited organization means Mercer County Surgery Center has met nationally recognized standards for the provision of quality health care set by AAAHC. More than 6,000 ambulatory health care organizations across the United States are accredited by AAAHC. Not all ambulatory health care organizations seek accreditation; not all that undergo the rigorous on-site survey process are granted accreditation.
Mercer County Surgery Center Offers Same Day Total Joint Replacement Surgery
Mercer County Surgery Center is the first ambulatory surgery center in Mercer County to offer outpatient total joint replacement procedures. Dr. Dave Eingorn, an orthopaedic surgeon at the surgery center notes "With proper patient selection, well defined protocols and a highly skilled surgical team, total joint replacement procedures can be safely performed in the outpatient setting".