Billing and Insurance
Mercer County Surgery Center accepts most major insurance and managed care plans. Please check with your insurance company regarding any pre-admission or pre-certification guidelines that may be required.
Mercer County Surgery Center will bill your insurance carrier as a courtesy. You are responsible for any co-payment or co-insurance amounts per your benefit plan design. We accept cash, check, money orders and credit cards. We also offer the option to pay bills online. Pay online using our secure server here.
Please be aware that you will receive separate bills from your surgeon, your anesthesiologist and for any other professional services you receive while at the center.
If you have any additional concerns or questions, please call the office at (609) 895-0290.
Here is a list of the major insurance carriers we accept. Please call to verify if your insurance carrier is not listed below:
- Auto Claims
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- First Health
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Horizon NJ Health
- Independence Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Personal Choice
- Prime Healthcare
- United Healthcare
- Worker's Compensation
The gross charge displayed refers to the amount of money charged to a patient for services rendered. The gross charge represented is prior to any contractual allowances from the health insurance plans contracted with the facility. Please contact your health insurance provider or the facility for the contracted rate associated with your specific health plan. Additionally, if your orthopaedic procedure requires the use of implants, your health plan will be billed the acquisition cost of the implants used.
Please be aware that providers who provide services at this facility may or may not participate in the same health benefit plans listed here:
In Network Plans:
- Horizon BC/BS of New Jersey
- Any out of state BC/BS plans
- Cigna/Cigna Great West/Cigna Healthspring
- Independence BC/BS, AmeriHealth, AmeriHealth Value Network, Personal Choice, Personal Choice 65, Keystone Health Plan East, Keystone 65, Keystone Fusion
- Aetna, Aetna Medicare, Aetna PPO networks (CoreSource and Meritain)
- Horizon NJ Health
- UHC, UMR and Oxford products
- Tricare East Region, Tricare for Life
- Medicare and Railroad Medicare
- CHAMPVA, US Family Health Plan, Veterans Choice
Out of Network Plans:
- Humana Medicare HMO, Advantage, Replacement plans.
- Care Connect
- UHC Community Plan
- New Jersey and Pennsylvania Medicaid
- Any Pennsylvania MEDICAID HMOs
- WellCare (Medicare, Medicaid or dual advantage plans).
- Health Partners