Mercer County Surgery Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mercer County Surgery Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Mercer County Surgery Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Mercer County Surgery Center expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Mercer County Surgery Center' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
MCSC has been serving the Mercer County, New Jersey and Bucks County, Pennsylvania areas for over 20 years, and has the following opportunities currently available.
Per-Diem Certified OR Technician, Surgical Technologist
Per diem position(s) exist at Mercer County Surgery Center (MCSC), a physician-owned progressive ambulatory surgery center located in Lawrenceville, NJ. Our primary mission is to provide compassionate, high quality surgical care to our patients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform as a scrub tech during surgical procedures by donning sterile gown and gloves, setting up, and handing sterile supplies and instruments to the surgeon and/or assisting members of the physician team
- Works directly with and under the guidance of the surgeon and RN circulator in assuring patient safety, proper care and handling of instruments and supplies, and the maintenance of aseptic technique
- This position requires providing service to age populations in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional and developmental age of the individual served.
- High School or GED equivalent required
- Technical school diploma from accredited program required
- Surgical Technologist Certification is required.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 1 year experience in a hospital or surgery center; GI and orthopedic experience is preferred